Friday, July 15, 2011

Universal Warriors (Chapter 10, Page 60)

“Why?” he asked surprised at her reaction.
“It’s complicated”
“Simplify it for me”
“I’d rather not talk about it” she said nervously.
“Do you at least know the identity of your attacker?” he asked trying to get the information out of her.
“I don’t know who it was” she whispered earnestly.
“Well, whoever it was they are very dangerous”
“Lance?” she said looking at him.
“Yes”
“I can’t tell you what’s going on because I don’t quite know what’s happening either, all I know is nobody can know I was attacked today; at least nobody who doesn’t already know”
“I don’t know why you are being so secretive but I’ll trust you and assume you know what you are doing” he said getting up so he could leave.
“Thank you, I’ll handle it” she said with a confidence she wasn’t feeling.
“Just know, I’m here whenever you want to talk and I promise to help in whatever way I can” he told her gently. He walked to the door and opened it, he was just about to step out when Sheryl said

No comments:

Post a Comment