Friday, July 15, 2011

Universal Warriors (Chapter 10, Page 61)

“Thank you for everything”
“You are welcome, get some sleep” he said and left.
Sheryl let out a sigh of relief. She wanted to tell him but she couldn’t, it was too much for anyone to understand. She wanted to tell her parents but they would just worry about her. Besides, to tell them meant she had to tell them what she had learnt so far and she couldn’t do that. The more they knew the more danger they would be in. She knew there was only one person she could talk to, only one person she trusted. She looked at the phone by the bed side and then reached out for it. She used her normal hand to dial the number she had now memorized.
The phone was answered immediately.
“Hello” the voice on the other line said.
“It’ me” Sheryl whispered just in case Lance was still standing outside the door.
“How are you?” the feminine voice asked with concern for she knew Sheryl usually called her when there was an emergency.
“Someone attacked me,… they tried to kill me” Sheryl told the woman her heart wavering at the thought.
“Do you know who it was?” the voice asked.
“I don’t know Sandra but I’m scared” she confessed.
“Try to stay to calm, I’ll to see what I can do” Sandra reassured her.

No comments:

Post a Comment