Saturday, July 16, 2011

Universal Warriors (Chapter 23, Page 147)

“Is he alive?” Lance asked Mackenzie as she checked Seth’s pulse.
“Yes but we need to get him to the hospital” Mackenzie informed him.
“Call HQ and tell them to send the medics” Lance said her and Mackenzie nodded before she dialed the number.
“Sheryl” Lance said gently as he walked over to the chair and unstrapped her.
“I was so scared” she whispered as she wrapped her arms around him, tears streaming down her cheeks.
“It’s okay; you are safe now” he said hugging her tightly. They had gotten there just in time; a few seconds later and she would have been dead.
“How did you know where I was?” she asked holding onto him tightly afraid to let go.
“Renée told me” he told her.
“So she’s alive?” Sheryl asked relieved.
“Yes; she’s with Ed” Lance said.
“Sheryl… I haven’t been completely honest about who I am” he begun.
“Sssh…just…just hold me” Sheryl interrupted him; not really caring about what he was about to say; she was just glad that he was here and that he had saved her.
Lance smiled and held onto her.

No comments:

Post a Comment