Saturday, July 16, 2011

Universal Warriors (Chapter 17, Page 104)

“Say that again” Jack said as he gripped the phone.
“The tapes are missing” Renée repeated in a timid voice.
“How is that possible?” jack asked his daughter trying to contain his anger.
“I don’t know” she said honestly.
“Well you better come up with an explanation” he said sternly his voice rising in anger.
“I’m sorry, I left them in my bag and when I took it out today; both the tapes and the file were missing” Renée explained.
“You stupid useless girl; you can’t you do anything right” he shouted.
“I’m sorry….” Renée began; the urge to cry creeping up on her.
“Shut up when I’m talking to you, did you even take them from Sandra’s office?” he barked.
“Yes I did” she whimpered as her eyes filled with tears.
“So where are they?” he asked angrily.
“I…I don’t know” she sobbed.
“Stop crying and think” he shouted.
Renée put her mouth over her hand so he wouldn’t hear her sobs. She hated that she was crying; she hated that she couldn’t keep herself together. She couldn’t....

No comments:

Post a Comment