Saturday, July 16, 2011

Universal Warriors (Chapter 21, Page 135)

“Why did he take her away?” Ed asked wondering what would prompt them to make such a bold move.
“Because she’s got the formula” Lance said as he entered the room; he had been standing in the door way for some time listening to their conversation but none of them had noticed.
“She does?” Ed and Renée asked in unison.
“Yes; she does” Lance said now standing at the foot of Renée’s bed.
“How do you know about the formula?” Renée asked surprised that Ed and Lance seemed to know more than they had initially let on.
“Ed and I are agents from Universal Warriors; we were assigned to Sheryl’s case” Lance told her.
“Oh” Renée said quietly wondering why she hadn’t picked this up before.
“Renée I need to know where your father is” Lance said.
“I can’t… I can’t tell you” Renée said in fear knowing that if her father found out that she had snitched on him he would come after her.
“Why not?” Lance asked a little impatient.
“He will kill me; you don’t understand. I’ve seen how he treats those who betray him” she said in apprehension.
“I’ll protect you; I won’t leave your side” Ed promised sincerely.

No comments:

Post a Comment